- tortilla chips (corn/gluten/dairy free? http://www.beanfieldssnacks.com/our_snacks.html)
- 1.5 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/8-1/4 cup taco seasoning
- 1 can (16 oz) chili beans, undrained (see recipe below)
- 1 can (16 oz) refried beans
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce (or diced tomatoes)
- shredded mozzarella cheese (or peperjack/cheddar) (dairy/soy/gluten free? http://www.daiyafoods.com/)
- Sour cream for the nondairy free people
- Place chips in a pie plate and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain if needed. Sprinkle with taco seasoning. Add tomatoes and mix. Add chili beans and mix. Spoon over chips. Top with refried beans, and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-17 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
- Make sure kidney beans have soaked overnight (or pop out the can)
- Place beans in pot and cover with water just above beans. Add chili power, cumin powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and red pepper.
- Simmer on low until water is almost gone and beans are cooked but not mushed.